Artistic introvert Leonie Dawson shares her journey of self-actualization. Listen to the podcast to understand how she found a business that fits her personality and makes her happy. Oh yeah… she’s made a helluva lot of money too.
Grab your favorite drink, grab a box of Kleenex cuz you’re about to embark on one helleva fun chat with Leonie!
Artistic Leonie Dawson
Leonie Dawson is an artistic introverted entrepreneur that doesn’t fit in a box. She is a best selling author, creative educator and blogger. She is dedicated to helping you achieve your dreams.
Fun fact: Leonie’s parents are cattle farmers. When she was younger, they told her she can’t open a business because businesses are likely to fail. When she finally made the decision to start a business, she had to “come out” to her parents about it. They told her that there isn’t a lot of money in art and coaching. She told them that there isn’t a lot of money in cattle farming either!
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN:
[03:40] Juggling parenting and business
[07:05] 17 years in business and still no elevator pitch
[08:10] From government job to $10 million business
[11:48] Finding the 10 hour work day
[13:30] Earn more without hiring staff
[14:59] Building a pandemic proof business
[16:00] Winning as an introvert
[17:35] Leonie hates social media, connect with her this way instead
[20:15] Making plans for 2021
[22:40] Become a magnet by being authentic
[24:00] How Leonie was able to be herself on instagram
[25:25] What is a win-win-win?
Are you an artistic introvert?
How do you find business success as an introvert?
KEY TAKEAWAYS + MEMORABLE QUOTES
- As an introvert, e-courses are a godsend. They are a way to provide value and help others without requiring a lot of social interaction.
- You attract those who are like you.
- Creating win-win-wins is very rewarding. Win-win-wins are: a win for the customer, a win for the business and a win for a third party.
- Success is about more than money, it’s about connecting with people and sharing their stories.
- “I don’t want to have very strict goals of what I want to create and instead I want to allow it to flow through me and just enjoy that creative experience. I love when ideas just kind of jump on me and I run with it and like a couple of days later its out in the world”
- “When we go back to social media, everyone is trying to be picture perfect and stuff and I was told by big mastermind people you have to do this and this or no one will follow you and I was like, “You know what? That’s ok.” Those aren’t my people. The people I am able to just be authentic and who I am.”
- “Success isn’t about the money…it’s about the little successes…it’s about making a difference in somebody’s life.”
Connect with Leonie...
Leonie Dawson Courses:
*I am an affiliate of Leonie Dawson. By purchasing from my link provided, I will make a small commission.
New Behind the Scenes of HOW She Makes $ in 2021:
Thanks for Listening!
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
- Write a comment below.
- Tweet us @susanrkiley
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Support Success YOU Podcast on Buy Me a Coffee
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $5 you get access to our patrons-only resources and posts + monthly Zoom call to ask me anything!
The best way to support SUCCESS YOU is via Buy Me a Coffee. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome!
Visit our Buy Me a Coffee page and pledge to the Success You Podcast today!
Rate & Review Success You Podcast on iTunes!
Reviews for Success YOU podcast on iTunes and all other platforms are greatly appreciated! They help us build awareness for the show, which in turn allows us to bring more value to listeners around the globe like you.
Reviews also help us better understand what topics matter most, so we can continually improve and provide value. If you received value from this episode, if would mean the world to Susan if you could take a moment and leave your honest rating and review. You can do that now, on this page. Thank you so much, I know your time is valuable!